Grip Puppies are a well regarded, and cheap, addon for your bike that is designed to increase grip and improve comfort mainly by cutting down the vibrations that travel along the handlebars, through your hands and into your arms, often leaving you with that horrid tingling feeling when you get off the bike.
Coming in at a mere £15 they are definitely worth considering. I have had them on my bike for about 1500 miles and at this stage I can confirm that they absolutely increase comfort and decrease shaky hands at the end of a trip (or even earlier). For me they don’t eliminate the sensation completely, but they definitely cut it down and ‘recovery’ time is far less. That has to be a bonus!
There is one negative, if you have heated grips these will decrease the efficiency of them. The heated grips will still work but it will take noticeably longer for the heat to reach you and they will appear to have a reduced temperature.
Installation is an absolute gift :
Grip Puppies in the Retail Packaging :
1. Firstly measure the Grip Puppy against the grip and trim accordingly.
2. Detach the Hand Guard (if you have them) :
3. Get some soapy water and soak the Grip Puppies :
4. Slide the Grip Puppies over the grips, this may take a little forcing, but the soapy water should make it easier :
5. Reattach the Hand Guards :